NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2003 Pontiac Grand Am (Page 2 of 2) Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2003 Pontiac Grand Am lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 212009

Grand Am

Turn signal will work intermittently. Turn signal will work then not work. You never know when it will not work.

- Little River-Academy, TX, USA

Nov 282008

Grand Am

Similar to many of the other complaints here. About the blinker relay cycling when in the neutral position. There were recalls for this on previous model years. No recall exists for this model year and Mr. Pontiac wants $95 to do a diagnostic. Likely it is a manufacturing defect judging from the number of other complaints here. The rate of relay cycling has some correlation to the temperature.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Oct 192008

Grand Am

My 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT turn signal/hazard light switch stops working. I have to hit on the dash to get it started then it quits again. I looked up a recall on this and I found that models 2002 have a recall on this problem, but not the 2003 model.

- Lincoln, ND, USA

Sep 012006

Grand Am

My car is a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am. I purchased it in 2004. In September of 2006 my dashboard starting making clicking noises that sound like the blinker. This became worse within a month and the steering column began smoking occasionally out of the place where the "multifunction switch" is. I replaced the part in October of 2006. Recently, (06/08) 19 months after the manufacturers warranty ended, the multifunction switch is now clicking again. I contacted Pontiac both times and was told that nothing could be done and that the problem would need to be paid for out of pocket. To me this is a severe safety issue. My car could have started on fire due to the multifunction switch. A recall should be done for this part on my GM product.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jun 042008

Grand Am

I have this annoying clicking sound which I thought was my turn signal. However, this noise continues even when my turn signal is off. I tried changing the hazard switch, but the noise continues. It happens several times a day while I'm driving and sometimes it "clicks" faster and longer then other times. I've also noticed small traces of smoke rise from my steering column while the "click" is happening.

- Wauconda, IL, USA

Nov 012007

Grand Am 6-cyl

Wiper/turn signal control arm isn't working correctly.

- Woonsocket, RI, USA

Nov 092006

Grand Am

Multifunction switch makes a clicking noise even when I am not using the turn signals. At first, if I wiggled or tapped on the switch, the clicking would stop, but now it just clicks incessantly. It is extremely annoying and costs almost $400 to replace.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA