Wiper Motor Linkage Is Crap

2004 Pontiac Grand Am

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

8.0

1. use something other than plastic for the hinge areas! (1 reports)
2004 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am:

2004 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Nov 152011

Grand Am 2.2L

I bought a brand new wiper linkage assembly from the dealer, none to be had from local junk yards, and I had to have wipers as I was about to drive across the country with a trailer on the back of my '04 Pontiac Grand AM. (Was a little rough, but she did good!) I installed this brand new linkage assembly in my car, turned the wipers on for final adjustments, and after 3-4 swipes across the windshield the linkage popped apart. WTF!!! Pull it out, Dad puts it back together, puts it back in and same thing happens again. We ended up driving across the country without wipers because GM designs a crappy wiper linkage. Their own parts technician AND mechanic admitted to me it was a piece of crap. I'm out $163 for a part I bought in Nevada that falls apart every time I try to use it as the manufacturer intended I use it. The plastic bushings are crap and are not holding like they should. Pontiac needs to use a material that can handle the stress better than the plastic can.

- , Kissimmee, FL, USA