NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

2.5

2004 Pontiac Grand Am brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am:

2004 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jul 232015

Grand Am

Car runs great shut it off next morning won't start wants to but won't that was the 1st incident the 2nd time ishut it off go to start back up an half hour later and does same thing changed everything again still doesn't work tried resetting the computer myself still didn't work.

- Ellwood City, PA, USA

Jun 172015

Grand Am

If you have had a problem with your ignition before or after the key recall and having to pay for a. new ignition because of a bandaid of a fix. Email me and see if we can get help from an attorney. Email sneakygoogle@yahoo.com

- Bardstown, KY, USA

Feb 272015

Grand Am

I had my ignition lock cylinder tumblers replaced by a lock smith because key kept sticking and now my car does nothing when I go to start it with key. It starts w/ remote start but odometer hand and etc go side to side really fast. My head lights, heater and dash lights don't work. Security light is not on. The key will turn the car off when I use remote starter. Car turned off while driving twice before and after tumbler replacement.

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Nov 042013

Grand Am

I had all issues service, the vehicle continues to have electrical issue burning out fuses car wont start. There is no check engine to indicate cause if faulty fuse. Took the car to several mechanic no one can solve the issue car wont start.

- Allentown, PA, USA

Jun 022014

Grand Am

On several occasions the ignition switch failed to turn, which locked up the steering column, many times the key would not release from the ignition switch, therefore it would not turn off.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Mar 032012

Grand Am

Ignition switch failed. As I was driving down the interstate, the car turned off, and I had to fight to get the car safely to the side of the road without power steering. Luckily I was able to and no one was hurt, and no damage occurred to any car. The car would not start again and it had to be towed. The ignition switch had to be replaced.

- Altoona, WI, USA