Window Won't Go Down

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

4.0

2. replaced regulator (1 reports)
2004 Pontiac Grand Am windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am:

2004 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jan 132010

Grand Am

I own a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am. The window always got stuck when I tried to roll it down so I would push the button over and over and it would go down eventually. Then one day it just stayed up and I heard a noise like it was trying to roll down but the window just stayed up well for a while I would push it down with my hand then roll it back up using the button.well after a while it would just fall down and wouldn't roll up or down. I took it to get fixed and they replaced the regulator. Less than six months later it was broke again wouldn't roll up or down. When I took it back to the same guy he said he bought the regulator used so I had no warranty on it. So I had to pay $350.00 AGAIN! He then used a new regulator which has a 1yr warranty and so far so good but only time will tell!

- , North Ridgeville, OH, USA

Aug 102009

Grand Am GT V6

the window gets stuck replaced both sides once before same problem again. i need plastic clips and they want to sell me a whole regulator which i do not need

- , West Sayville, NY, USA

Aug 012009

Grand Am SE 4 cyl

The window was the first to go. It just decided it wouldn't go down one day as I was driving along the highway. I just used the palm of my hand to carefully guide it down, and it went back up with the button. I've been doing that ever since (about 5 months). I'm so used to not having a working driver window that when i went to test drive new cars i felt spoiled! It only got stuck once, when the rubber around the window was sticky from the rain, but after a little wiggle it went back up. I'm always very careful pulling it down, so i don't crack the window. I've just never had the funds to fix it! Its annoying but definitely not devastating, and probably would have been easy to fix.

- , Des Moines, IA, USA