NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline Problems Seal Of Pretty Good

2005 Pontiac Grand Am engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Pontiac Grand Am:

2005 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Feb 062008

Grand Am 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am, and ever since I got it the lights in the car and the headlights dim, while I accelerate. I have taken it in to the garage I bought it from several times and they never fixed it. I am still having the problem and it is getting worse. The told me there may be a short in the wiring and they would have to tear the whole thing apart to find it. Another concern I have is I have 70,000 miles on my car and I have had to put head gaskets and lifters on this car. No one can believe that happens with such low mileage. My sister works with a girl who had the same problem at about the same mileage. (same year).

- Manistee, MI, USA