Rear Struts And Mounts Failed

1. replace struts & mounts (1 reports)
1996 Pontiac Grand Prix suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jul 182010

Grand Prix GTP 3.4L

I'm heading out to visit a friend on a Sunday morning and I have nothing in the trunk but some pieces of wood. I run over a small bump and there is quite a bit of noise coming from the trunk area. Thinking it's the wood shifting around, I ignore it. Another tiny bump later and the noise is back again, but louder this time. Then I hear a noise that sounds like something has fallen off the car. I pull over to park and check the trunk. Everything looks fine in the trunk and under the car as well. I walk around the passenger side and notice that the rear passenger wheel looks odd. It appears to be sitting on an angle with the top part leaning inwards about 30 degrees. It turns out that the rear strut has broken off and every little bump I hit is doing even more damage back there. I drove home very carefully, avoiding every little bump, hole, or sewer cover and went straight to a local repair shop. Both rear struts and some other things had to be replaced for a total cost of $600.00. They also alerted me that I need a new left lower ball joint and a wheel alignment. Check back here often for future complaints about this car.

- , Alsip, IL, USA