- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2001 Grand Prix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 80
- brakes problems19NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems19NHTSA complaints: 15
- AC / heater problems17
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems12NHTSA complaints: 16
- cooling system problems8NHTSA complaints: 15
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 39
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Prix Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Grand Prix compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Prix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Prix.