- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1998 Grand Prix Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 88
- cooling system problems8NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 48
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 18
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 90
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 93
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 43
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 42
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 39
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 18
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 13
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 8
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Prix Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Grand Prix compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Prix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Prix.