Shifter Stuck In Park Position

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

9.0

1. had whole new system put into car (1 reports)
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix:

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jul 152008

Grand Prix

Never again. first I was down on my luck and took it because I had one other choice. Five Months later the transmission got stock in park with me and my friends at the Shopping Plaza, I had to force it to move and it reminded in park permanently. I junk it, it avoid any more problems. ASAP

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 252003

Grand Prix SE

Everytime I drove my car, I had to use a pen (or similar object) to push in the emergency shift lock button, hold it there while I used my other hand to move the shifter into drive or reverse, making sure to keep my brake pedal down too. What a project, especially if you dropped or lost the pen! It took the dealership 3 days and 2 seperate trips there to have the problem fixed.

- , Falmouth, MA, USA