Blower Motor Went Out

6.3

1. replaced blower motor (4 reports)
  3. replaced the motor (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Dec 012009

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

JUST a pain in the ass! I dont have nothing else to say besides that. Every car is a pain and you just have to be calm and be smarter than the technicians who put it together!

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 092009

Grand Prix SE 3.8L V6

The blower motor went out in my 2000 Grand Prix. this is the second time i've had this same problem. last time it cost me $300.00 ,not looking forward to another $300.00

- , Omaha, NE, USA

Sep 122008

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6

I Had The Same Problem With My Car...the Blower Motor And The Water...The Water Wasn't Bad Though. It Was Just A Little Trim Under The Hood That Fell Off And Let Water In,But Now The Blower Motor Went Out...Still Love The Car :)

- , Crest Hill, IL, USA

Jul 312008

Grand Prix SD V6

All the control levels on my AC use to work . . until now. After # 5 went out and of course I have been driving around in the Hot & Humid weather for the past month & this morning I had enough! It was so foggy and humid I was driving and wiping the windshield with a towel. Finally stuck my head out of the window so I could see. I took my car in to a local fix it shop and there great but found a bunch of other issues that I "should" fix.

- , Palatine, IL, USA

Jul 012008

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6

Had to have the blower motor replace (not too bad) and also the resistor that goes with it (over $200!). Why can't these components be designed as simply as they were in the past? Does everything need to be computerized or digitalized?

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 182006

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

A/C stopped working suddenly. Took it to the dealership (bad idea) and it cost me $345 for parts and labor. Happened during the winter so my defrost would not work at all nor did i have heat in my car. 15 degrees with no heat is no fun!

- , Lafayette, IN, USA

May 212008

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

So my blower motor went out for a second time. This time I decided to just repair it myself. I tested the wiring to make sure that enough power was going to the motor which was fine so i bought a new motor and put it in. When i removed the old motor water actually poured out of it?! Not sure but this time instead of paying over $300 for the repair it only cost me $125. Hopefully this will be the last time as well. If anyone else has this problem i definitely recommend doing this yourself. The motor is right under the glovebox and extremely easy to replace.

- , Lafayette, IN, USA