Burning Wiring In Dash System That Stems From Lighter

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jul 212014

Grand Prix V6

I had my lighter and other A/C outlets go out and when I had someone to try to change the fuse it melted the end of fuse and smoked. I tried to have car put on computer to check for problems and was unable to due to outlets not working. Had a garage work on it and guy found maybe handful of wiring burnt and had to have it rewired and guy said I was lucky it didn't burn on me and damage the computer system. I paid for it to be fixed since my insurance company doesn't offer full coverage on my type and year of car. I am still worried it's going to do the same as before and harm us. I have no means to buy another car or to try to rewire the whole entire car system.

- , Monticello, KY, USA