2000 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems: faulty gaskets

Faulty Gaskets

7.0

1. replace valve cover gaskets, lim gaskets, head gasket (2 reports)
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 192009

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

Oil leaks required replacement of valve cover gaskets.

- , Broomfield, CO, USA

Jan 062009

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L

This car has put me at my breaking point, literally I am broke and can't afford to fix it anymore. First I replaced the valve covers because of the fire issue, then while doing that I saw that evil milky crap in my valve covers. So I replaced the LIM gaskets after hearing about that issue, and the PLASTIC was cracked. Now a week later the milky crap is back and i have now discovered my head gasket is blown too. GM has lost my loyalty after this. I never did anything to this car that would cause all these issues. I personally repaired all this stuff myself and am still out a lot of cash.It just kills thinking after all that crap I did replacing the PLASTIC LIM gaskets i have to do again and some more to replace the head gasket(and of course its the back one).I am a buy American be American kind of guy but after this I think it is safe to say I will NEVER buy a GM product again.

- , Jones, OK, USA