NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic Problems

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jan 042010

Grand Prix 6-cyl

I have had nothing but trouble with this pontic Grand Prix GT window motors three ABS brake brain leaking coolant I have spent over 3000 dollars repairing this car and now I have coolant leaking in my motor. By far the worst car I ever had shame on you GM you had to know.

- Dallas , GA, USA

Apr 012006

Grand Prix 6-cyl

I purchased my certified GM used vehicle in October 2004- 2 months later I had to replace the serpentine belt and have the transmission 'solenoid' replaced, front brakes and rotors.some 100+ point inspection. In Nov of 2005 I took the vehicle back in due to improper shifting, there I was told they had to do a lot of transmisson work. They had my car for 2 days. Now in April of 2006 my car barely makes it to 40 mph, chugging all the way. The mechanic referred me to the dealership because there is no fuel problem and the computer needs to be checked-possibly replaced. A car with 65000 miles on it should not have this many problems.

- Utica, MI, USA