Service Engine Light Is On

7.0

1. dtc showed a bad maf sensor and also a bad injector (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Nov 052008

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6 Sc

Wasn't sure if the injector was bad or because of the Maf sensor ( showing low input ). swapped the #3 injector with #1 and after running the car, DTC code showed up #1. I knew then that the injector was bad. also had to replace the Coolant Temp sensor. Been a little over a month and today, the car cut off on my Daughter. after checking the Code, it now shows a high input on the MAF sensor. What a Pain !!!

- , Cheraw, SC, USA

Dec 102006

Grand Prix 3.8L V6

My service engine light keeps coming on and off and blinks. I've had it at the deal multiple times and had several diagnostic tests. I have had my catalytic converter replaced twice, 6 O2 sensors replaced; I have had it at the dealer 4 or 5 times with the same answer, O2 sensor. My check engine light is still on and I think it might be related to much bigger problem.. See my other complaint under transmission.

- , Russellton, PA, USA