NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

1.8

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jun 112013

Grand Prix

Sometimes the headlights and air will not come unless you stop and restart. It appears to be in the ignition switch.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 232012

Grand Prix

Exterior lighting:headlights, engine and engine cooling.

- New Bedfor, MA, USA

Jul 012009

Grand Prix

I was pulled over by police for no rear lights. Upon investigation, found multi-function switch bad/jammed. Hazard light button stuck in up position. If pushed to the side and held, lights operate as advertised for some period of time, but will at some point stop working without my knowledge. Multi-function switch is dealer only part. Price is $500 + labor for installation.

- Arcanum, OH, USA

Jul 012008

Grand Prix

The contact owns a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix. The contact stated that condensation accumulates in the tail lights and the safety flashers cause them to blow out. The failure occurred three times since the vehicle was purchased. This issue has caused the contact to receive a warning from the local law enforcement due to the tail light failure. The contact believes that a recall should be issued because this is a safety issue. The current mileage was 111,000 and failure mileage was 103,000.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jan 022009

Grand Prix

I have three complaints. 1. window issues: I have had to have repair work done on two windows. The first one fell down and was repaired without having to replace the motor or anything, but it still cost about $150 in labor. The second time I had a window not working, it was the switch in the door. My parents have a car like mine and have had to have expensive window mechanics replacement done as well. 2. another problem I am having now is with the switch for the rear lights. It has quit working and the part alone will cost about $350. The mechanic says that he has had to replace several of these himself, and he is a private businessman. There should be a recall on this problem that recurs with the Grand Prix because it is definitely a safety issue. 3. in checking after my mechanic said there should be a recall about the rear light switch, I have found 5 recalls for which I have never received any notification. I do not know where to begin to get these corrected.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Jun 202005

Grand Prix 6-cyl

I bought the car Oct 2003 it had 23000 miles on it and then when it hit 30000 miles that's when trouble started my husband went to check on his brother and turned the car off and was off for 1 hour and went to start the car and it wouldn't stay running took it to the local repair man and he worked on it and nothing $250 dollars later he hauled it the GM dealer in independence ks. Where they said it was the anti theft device had me locked out and the had to replace the module. $480 later. Now when I drive a distance my check engine light comes on and my car acts like it tries to cut out and shifts hard and jerks. And my tract off light stays on now all the time. My last Grand Prix had 160000 miles on it before it started acting up. My local repair man said that I need to replace the brain module and all my problems well stop. And now when it rains my car feel up with water on the passenger side floor board 2 inches right now so if there is a recall on this car it needs to be the whole car. Right now the car has 51000 miles.

- Sedan, KS, USA