Rack And Pinion Failure

1. new design is needed (3 reports)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jul 072009

Grand Prix GT 3.8L

I only have 80,000 miles on this car and the rack and pinion is bad. I was driving and it happened all at once I could not hardly turn the car. I had my daughter and 4 year old granddaughter in car. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. The parts place is to call me for an amount to fix it. I was told it is as really big job to fix it. First Pontiac I ever owned and not happy about this. Patty B

- , Vincennes, IN, USA

Dec 102006

Grand Prix 3.8L V6

I was driving down the road coming around a bend and all of a sudden my car had no steering. I felt worse than manual steering. I had to have my cousin get the flat bed to tow my to the garage. It would of cost me a lot more money but my cousin owns his own shop.

- , Russellton, PA, USA

Mar 182006

Grand Prix GT

GM really botched this design. the rack and pinion is just too small for this vehicle. it has failed 3 times since ive owned it. parts were 310.00 but the labor is all mine. And yes I am an ASE mechanic so I know what IM doing.

- , Perry, OK, USA