Heater Stopped Working On One Side

8.0

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Oct 292009

Grand Prix 3.8L

I hate that you work for no reason. I mean go to work get stressed out and your pay check some how manages to go to your car. What is the point of work? Pontiac should do a recall.

- , Norwich, NY, USA

Sep 132006

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L Sc V6

So the passenger side does not heat or cool, at first I thought it was the controls on the dash, I could work the temp slider up and down and get it to work, then it would work for less and less before I had to do it again, then not at all, burning hot in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, and with this winter it is almost impossible to thaw out! I replaced the controls, bought a replacement on ebay, and installed myself, it was $30-$50. It was pretty easy to install but I'm a DIY kind of guy. Well this didn't fix it, and at one point a dealer (friend of the family as well) quoted me $1200 to fix, I said no thanks. I'm going to look into finding the flap and duct taping it whichever way it needs to go.

- , Bristol, VA, USA

Jan 182007

Grand Prix SE V6

At about 100,000 miles my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix's heater stopped working on the drivers side. The passenger side works just fine, while the driver side blows cold air instead off warm. So I basically freeze my but off all winter long. I bought the car used with no warranty. I am a college student and a single mom that can't really afford to get it fixed.

- , Farmington, NM, USA