NHTSA — Exterior Lighting: Headlights Problems

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Sep 012002

Grand Prix 6-cyl

Headlight and dashboard lights flash intermittently, approximatley every 2 seconds. Had it looked at twice by aw golden Pontiac in reading pa and was told my car "was known to do that, and it can't be fixed." Also, I can leave it there "for the mechanic to drive it home at night, so he can see what I'm talking about." My car does not have this problem everytime I drive at night, maybe every other night, but it is no-stop when it starts. Drivers in front of me hit their brakes, because they think I'm flashing them. I can see this causing a problem if I have to deal with a person having road rage.

- Pottstown, PA, USA

Jan 312003

Grand Prix 6-cyl

Headlight and dashboard lights flashed intermittently. Dealership informed that flashing headlights and dashboard lights are common and cannot be fixed. Manufacturer stated that there was a problem with the new pa emissions and won't be fixed.

- Erie , PA, USA