NHTSA — Seats Problems

1.7

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Feb 102013

Grand Prix

I had one of the worst experiences happened with my car today. Im on my way to the store to get detergent before heading to laundromat. I noticed when I entered the vehicle to start it up that the driver seat was extremely warm which was strange because the car sat overnight and it is winter. As I let the car warm up I realized that the seat became hot and when I started to drive it became hotter to the point where it felt my thighs and rear were burning. I had to put a blanket on the seat just to get some relief. I made it to the laundromat but by the time I'd finished washing and took my belongings back to the car I smelled something burning. That's when I noticed smoke coming from the drivers seat. I immediately took the blanket off the seat and noticed a burn stain on the seat. The seat was still extremely hot and I was in total disbelief. I was really scared to drive home because I didn't know if the car would catch fire or if I would suffer any burns. The crazy part about this is that I never turned on the seat warmer and had not used it for a few days because I try not to use it all the time. Now I have to take off work and take it to the auto shop to see how I can rectify this problem which im hoping will not cost an "arm and leg". im so disappointed right now. I've had this car for 8yrs now and can say that I never expected this to happen. I just know that this has totally turned me away from the thought of having heated seats in my next car. So sad!!!!

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 012008

Grand Prix

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT of mine has a driver's power adjust seat which tends to move forward on its on most recent date occurred below.

- Omaha, NE, USA