Hard Shifting Intermittently

4.0

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Sep 122011

Grand Prix SE 3.1L

Transmission shifts hard and is jerky. It has been this way for a long time, but now it is starting to hesitate between gears. I used to like Pontiac, but I have realized how unreliable they are. I have 4-5 other known grand prix problems I am dealing with on top of the transmission problem!! I wish GM would help us out with at least ONE of these common problems!!! I'm sure they has lost a lot of former pontiac customers due to the countless problems they have encountered!

- , Cambridge, OH, USA

Nov 102009

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

Experience harsh / hard shifting on all gear changes intermittently. When it happens it doesn't correct itself but if I turn off the ignition (even for 20 seconds) the transmission returns to normal. Dealer could only find a few long shift codes and nothing else. Took it to a transmission repair shop and they wanted to rebuild, go figure.

- , Whitby, ON, canada