Doors Lock Intermittently

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Nov 122012

Grand Prix

Locks began locking occasionally while driving at speeds about 20mph. I would be driving at 70mph and they would re lock. One day they relocked at least 14 times in one drive time. I began to notice every time I would accelerate from a stopped position(while still in drive), they would lock around 23mph. Then the whole car shut down while in drive. I figured the locking was a precursor to the shut down, but the dealership I had the vehicle towed to said there was no apparent reason for any problem. They claim to had driven the car while trying to diagnose the problems and it drove great with no locking or shutting down. I have seen others have had these same problems in online car forums with no diagnosis to speak of.

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA

May 302010

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

For the past few months if I get out of my car and lock it it has been beeping, letting me know that it is locked, but has not been actually locking. At first I thought it was a problem with the remote and tried locking the doors with the switch on the door. Usually it would lock if I tried with the switch but today it did not and going around to all the doors and pushing down the lock is ANNOYING! It has gradually been getting worse which leads me to think it is a short in a wire and I also have no bad fuses and I don't think there is a relay for the doors.

- , Harrisonburg, VA, USA