NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

1.2

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Sep 062016

Grand Prix

System failure appears on dashboard lights flicker unable to control car on highway..now home and now will not even start a safety hazard

- Mansfield, OH, USA

Dec 272015

Grand Prix

While driving approximately 30 miles per hour, steering wheel became tight then locked while in motion. I braked immediately fought wheel to park on side of street, same time "charging system failure" notification came on. I plugged diagnostic reader no codes come up. Checked serpentine belt, visual check underhood, nothing out of place. Oil change, tune up and minor work done recently however, this issue was sudden and cannot be detected. Afraid for my life as I regularly take highway for travel. Recalled for code 14574 last week, would really appreciate if local mechanic"simmons-rockwell big flats N.Y. is scheduled to repair code 14574 Tuesday Dec.29, at 930am would appreciate if same mechanic could be compensated to diagnose problem. Said mechanic did repair key code for other recall and only GM dealer in town.

- Elmira, NY, USA

Oct 152015

Grand Prix

The computer system all last year had the wrong dates compared to the day of week it was. When I am driving sometimes and I come to a stop my car slides especially in rain and snow. My ABS light comes up almost always when I'm driving

- Memphis, TN, USA

Nov 142014

Grand Prix 6-cyl

Just driving and my car starts hard steering and no power to engine car start to drift fast to curve I manged to stop before crashing lucky me the key ignition was ajared and shifting manually which makes the car ah weapon and not deemed safe to drive so I need this fixed I had my kid in the car when it happened still hung up on this.now car won't start and says disabled starting due to electrical throttle control I need answers quick 30 day tags bout due plz check your VIN make sure your riding safe.

- Bladensburg , MD, USA

Jan 122011

Grand Prix 6-cyl

Car won't start when key is in the ignition then a few minutes later it will start.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Apr 302010

Grand Prix

Many Pontiac Grand Prix owners are having problems with the following sensors. Traction control/sts/ABS lights come on intermittently or stay on. After doing some research this seems to be a common problem and service dealers have acknowledge that this is a problem. How safe is it for our families and ourselves to be driving cars that do this.

- El Paso, TX, USA