NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring Problems

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 162004

Grand Prix 6-cyl

I have had several problems with this vehicle since I purchased it. Most problems have been directly related to wiring problems and electrical failure. The latest incidence I lost power on the highway and had no steering or brakes. The car was towed and the shop had to replace the ip cluster and the BCM which had both completely failed. This failure caused me to lose control of the vehicle at highway speeds leaving the road and eventually becoming buried in the median. If this incidence had occured at any other section of this main thoroughfare (I-40) me and my 5 yr old could have been severely hurt or killed.

- Prague, OK, USA