NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 122011

Grand Prix 6-cyl

I found out there is a recall on the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix with it's fuel system. As quoted, "the fuel tank is missing the adhesive layer that bonds the barrier layer to the outer shell of the fuel tank" - this problem increases the risk of fire! I just purchased a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and have smelled gas and also the gas cap will not go on tight. The emission light is constantly on because of this gas issue. I drive 46 miles a day for my work and now reading this I do not feel safe on the highway I have to travel. I just purchased this vehicle and it wasn't two days after owning it that the emission light came on the dash and gas smell was present. I can now see this is the problem from this recall. I want to know who or what I can do to get this problem fixed. I will seek an attorney if necessary because this is not something to play with - now I don't even want to have anyone else in this vehicle with me. Please provide information on where/who I can get this repaired immediately before there is a fire!!! this is not funny in my world whatsoever!!! I like the car or I wouldn't had purchased it, but only owning it for one month and have this fire hazard issue is not something I expected to have to deal with. I need help with this vehicle asap!!!! I surely won't put a child in it!!!!

- Flagler Beach, FL, USA