NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jun 202013

Grand Prix

My transmission/ transaxle has been rebuilt 3 times. What I have researched at this time is that the base model 4T65E transaxle doesn't really differ in the hard parts for the 4T65E-hd thats in my Pontiac Grand Prix gxp. Bad jerking and slipping from take off or accelerating is my problem. Just this year my car couldn't accelerate over 40mph because of this problem. Anyone I talk to who has the same motor combination of the LS4 motor with the 4T65E-hd tranaxle has been dealing with the same similar issues. Wether it be the Impala ss 2006-2009, Monte Carlo ss 2006-2007, Buick lacrosse super 2008-2009, or the Pontiac Grand Prix gxp 2005-2008. The front wheel drive combination with the power in the 303 hp motor is too much for the 4T65E-hp transmission. I've found a website that claims they have solved the flaws with this problem. The website explains in detail what parts they use and how it can support the power of the LS4 motor. Personally I feel like I should not pay for something that should've been a recall close to a decade ago.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Apr 012015

Grand Prix 6-cyl

Car started on fire 10-15 minutes after being parked in a public parking lot. Fire company had to be dispatched. No injuries or other property damage.....updated 04/08/15

- Elma, NY, USA

Oct 022014

Grand Prix 6-cyl

I received a safety recall letter (GM recall 14350) & contacted my dealer on Oct. 2 to make an appointment to correct the problem. I was told the parts have been ordered and it may take several months before they can fix the defect on my car. They will call me. That means I will be riding around in a motor vehicle with a safety defect for who knows how long. This is not acceptable.

- Little River, SC, USA