Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Sep 102016

My driver side visor is down and won't stay up and blocking my view. It's annoying to drive with it to my left side. I called and they said my VIN was outside the warranty/recall. So I'm punished because a recall item didn't break when the recall was issued. I think if there's a recall it should be for the life of the car. I should not have to pay for something that was once part of a recall.

- Shelby, NC, USA

Aug 012013

Both my sun visors have broke to the point they are becoming a safety issue. They now dangle and will not stay up. Im reading this has become a huge issue for many Toyota Camry owners. I can understand if there was a lot of wear and tear on them however I know there is not and should not be breaking this quickly.

- Coarsegold, CA, USA

May 012016

Driver's side visor does not snap back in place. Droops down and affects vision.

- Greenwood, SC, USA

Jul 212016

The visor began falling while driving on the highway. I tried to put it back up but it was sagging and eventually popped causing to stay down unless I forcibly push it back up. It is a distraction and now cannot go back up with extreme force (which is causing the lining to come apart).

- East Lansign, MI, USA

Jul 092016

Dashboard melting. Sticky oozing every part of dash. Glares onto windshield like a mirror and difficult to see out of windshield. Cannot touch it w/O getting sticky.

- Pinellas Park, FL, USA

Jun 152016

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver side visor fractured and was hanging. As a result, the contact's visibility was obstructed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 46,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 09/27/16

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Jul 182016

The sunroof in my daughter's 2007 Toyota Camry exploded. While she was driving, she heard what she described as a "gun shot sound". after noticing small shards of glass in the seat, she pulled over to the side of the road. After exiting the car, she saw that the sunroof had exploded! her mother and I left work to meet here and I could tell instantly that it exploded from the inside, out! luckily, my daughter was ok and able to pull over to the side of the road safely.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Feb 152015

My windshiel has been defective since last year I contacted the dealer they have been giving me the run around, they keep telling me they are on back order. I have kids when it S hot it's so sticky it reaaly driving my kids crazy and my kids are allergy to it. I contacted the head quather they told me since the dealer told me that I have to wait they are not going to help me I have to deal with it. It's not my fault that my windshield is defective and the dealer is not helping me please help me so they can fix my car thanks. My name is jean darius, my email address is and my phone number is 561- 951 2010 and my address is 1421 amaryllis lane West palm beach fl 33415.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Nov 172015

Own a 2007 Toyota Camry which was purchased in 2009. Took into my dealership to have power window master switch recall. Also inquired about my broken driver side visor. Was told that visor was not a recall and only covered as an extended service for 7 years from date of first use; therefore not covered. Visor will fall down while driving, obstructing view and will not stay attached with clip. This problem did not occur until recently but Toyota will not replace it, as it is outside the 7 years from date of first use. I called Toyota and asked why the visor was not replaced prior to my purchase. They indicated that if it was not showing signs of problems, they did not replace them. This is very dangerous to have a visor "fall" during driving and obstructing your vision.

- Muncie, IN, USA

Feb 092016

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact recieved notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V491000 (visibility) however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Jul 042013

Melting dashboard causes glare and reduces visibility during daytime driving.

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Jun 012011

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that when the sun shined through the front windshield onto the dashboard, she was blinded by the glare from the dashboard. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V689000 (visibility) however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount for time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Chipley, FL, USA

Oct 302015

The dashboard of the Camry becomes tacky and very shiny due to deteriation from sunlight. This shiny finish causes dangerous glare against the windshield while driving. The tackiness prevents the dashboard from being cleaned properly to prevent reflections as well.

- Rustburg, VA, USA

Jul 152015

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side visors fractured. The contact stated that the driver side visor separated entirely while the passenger side visor failed to remain in the upright position. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 49,900.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 012012

I initially began noticing that when the ac does not blow cold air when turned on that all of the gauges on my dashboard stop working including, speedometer dropping to 0 while I am driving so that I do not know at what speed I am driving, my gas gauge inexplicably drops to empty, lights on the dashboard stop working and my dashboard goes dark, RPM gauge flickers wildly, brake & ABS lights do not go off, and occasionally the car stops but with hesitation when braking, along with interior fogging of all windows when it rains (sometimes defroster/fans work to defog windows but sometimes it does not causing my visibility while driving to be substantially and dangerously reduced). During some online research, I believed that the issues might be related to an earlier recall so I called the Toyota corporate office and they indicated that it may be related but to take the car to my local Toyota dealership to confirm. I took the car to Toyota of hollywood and the manager stated that it was not related to the recall and that the main computer was malfunctioning and causing the subcomputers to also malfunction and estimated a repair price of $2500. While I was doing my online research, it appears that many 2007 Camry are having the same exact issues I am having and in addition, the Toyota Camry hybrids had been recalled for the same issues as well. I do not believe I should incur the expense of repairs for issues that seem to be related to a manufacturers defect.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Aug 292015

Rear window shattered for no reason. Can not find or see any place on the window which might have been hit with a stone beebee or paint ball. No obvious point of failure.

- Etters, PA, USA

Jul 152015

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that a popping sound emitted from the driver side sun visor area. The contact noticed that the internal connecting bar fractured. Two weeks later, the passenger side sun visor experienced the same failure. The contact mentioned that both sun visors failed to go up. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 100,000. MA 10/15/2015

- Siler City, NC, USA

Sep 012014

I had to select visibility/wiper because it was the nearest answer to my concern. The driver side sun visor just flops down and won't stay up when not makes it difficult to see the road when it settles to odd obstructive positions by itself.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 152015

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. While driving at 40 mph, the driver side window was activated. The window opened halfway and failed to function. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V491000 (visibility). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 112,000.

- North Little Rock, AR, USA

Aug 062013

Driver side sun visor arm broke and sun visor will not stay in the upward position.

- Garner, NC, USA