CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Oct 102016

Camry

Dashboard is sticky to the touch and has a shiny appearance making it difficult to see due to the reflection from the sun created by the dashboard in the windshield. Dashboard appears to be melting.

- Pass Christian, MS, USA

Sep 092015

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard melted and emitted a strong odor. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The repair could not be performed due to the parts being on back order. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 101,000.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Sep 122015

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard melted and became extremely sticky. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the dashboard needed to be replaced; however, the parts were not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 178,000.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Aug 112016

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver side sun visor was detached from the vehicle and failed to stay up. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the sun visor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 69,822.

- Orangeburg, SC, USA

Dec 272015

Camry

My 07 Camry runs completely out of oil before it's time for it to be changed. I have had the car checked for oil leaks and has passed each time. After researching this issue I have found that the more miles on the car the faster it runs the oil out and with that being said I now have engine damage. Not to mention this car has been the absolute worst. I put my visors down one time and had to take them off because they wouldn't go back up. The power controls in my car don't work. I also found out tonight that there was a recall on the gas pedal in this death trap that happened before I owned it that I was never informed of but knew something had to be wrong with it because it kept sticking!! I am not the only person dealing with this and find it outrageous that it has not been fixed. My children used to ride in that car!! it is a ticking time bomb and something needs to be done about this!!!!!!!

- Florence, SC, USA

Jan 012015

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the vehicle's dashboard was cracked and leaked a sticky substance. The rear window had air bubbles that made it difficult to see out the window. The doors on the passenger side leaked water during rainy conditions into the passenger side of the vehicle. In addition, an unknown warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- North Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Nov 232015

Camry

Takata recall. My dashboard is soft and get softer. It getting sticky. The worst thing is the glare that comes off it is blinding. I have almost have accentdents becouse of this. Once the sun hit you real can not see. This is one thing toyoda must replace. I know if I get into an accentdent that's I first thing I will do, get a lawyer. In fact I have been told from one the it in pairs you so much that you get in a accentdent we can go after toyoda of not recalling a part that has a safety concern. It is so soft you nail just its it and makes a dent. I don't show in a pic but by the glove box there is a piece that ever rubs off. It is as thin as one coat of paint on the glove box. Every what what the so called dash is very cheap rudder that melts, easy the damage, can not clean it or anything. I love toyoda but this dash will make my buy something else, it's a pain in the ass.

- Tempe Terrace, FL, USA

Aug 012013

Camry

The dashboard on my 2007 Toyota Camry is melting and is very sticky, especially during the summer months I have read several posts regarding this very same issue and notice that no one has had this issue corrected by Toyota for free, obviously this is a vehicle manufacture defect that Toyota needs to deal with before someone gets hurt. I purchased a Toyota vehicle because of the reputation on quality & customer service, but until now I've not seen either of these. Toyota needs to stand behind their product & make it right for all affected consumers. It is not possible to clean dashboard at all. Everything sticks to it and if you touch it with your finger nail-sticky chunks come out..... the glare is awful and since both of my visors have broken off I cant use those to help...

- Fort Myers Beach, FL, USA

Oct 302015

Camry

The dashboard of the Camry becomes tacky and very shiny due to deteriation from sunlight. This shiny finish causes dangerous glare against the windshield while driving. The tackiness prevents the dashboard from being cleaned properly to prevent reflections as well.

- Rustburg, VA, USA

Jun 032011

Camry

The dashboard on my 2007 Toyota Camry is melting and is very sticky, especially during the summer months. I've notice this issue several years ago but didn't pay to much attention to it, other then it's difficult to clean and sticky. I received a warranty enhancement notification - ZE6 from Toyota motor sales regarding this issue earlier this year April 2015. I've call the local dealership where I bought the car originally and inquire about this recall notice & was told that the dashboard would be ordered & once it came in I would be contacted, I never heard back from them, so I called again recently and express my safety concerns while driving on a sunny day with glare coming off the dashboard onto the windshield, the glare is very blinding if not wearing sunglasses. I was once again told by the service rep at the Toyota dealership that there's nothing they can do until they receive the parts from the manufacture & that at this time there's no time frame for correcting this issue. I have read several posts regarding this very same issue and notice that no one has had this issue corrected by Toyota for free, obviously this is a vehicle manufacture defect that Toyota needs to deal with before someone gets hurt. I purchased a Toyota vehicle because of the reputation on quality & customer service, but until now I've not seen either of these. Toyota needs to stand behind their product & make it right for all affected consumers.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Feb 112015

Camry

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the dashboard was melting. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 12V491000 (visibility) and 09V388000 (vehicle speed control). The parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 192,000.

- Eutawville, SC, USA

Sep 162015

Camry

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Camry xle in May 2006 (the VIN plate shows it was made in Kentucky). 2007 was a new body style. The Camry had a tach weld defect in the right rear fender well. Originally the dealer told me it was my rear grab handle shaking. I knew it wasn't. having no other recourse, I called Toyota corporate. They flew in 2 tech service engineers from ca to my state, and with the dealer, they discovered that there was a faulty (or no) tach weld in the rr fender well causing the frame of the body to strike together. The car was sent to a welding shop and the defect was repaired. It's now September 2015 and about a month ago I began to hear the "tink tink" sound again- indicating the same, or another, faulty tach weld. I have called Toyota corporate again (just now), and am waiting for a response. Since this is essentially the frame of the car, I'm very concerned. (additionally I had extensive issues with this car but unless I constantly returned it to the dealer/shop I couldn't meet the lemon law threshold in my state. For example, water poured out of the driver's side visor. The dealer said it was leaves in the a pillar. I park my car in a garage.)

- Mill Creek, WA, USA

Jul 152014

Camry

The seat belt did not securely hold me in when the car behind me hit me, I was at a dead stop and was rear ended, the air bags also did not deploy, and my face hit the steering wheel. The force of the rear ending pushed me into the SUV in front of me, the car was totaled. I suffered a concussion, whip lash, wrist and elbow injury and lower back was hurt after the impact. I was wearing my seat belt thankfully otherwise I could have hit the wind shield.

- Brunswick, ME, USA

Aug 292015

Camry

Rear window shattered for no reason. Can not find or see any place on the window which might have been hit with a stone beebee or paint ball. No obvious point of failure.

- Etters, PA, USA

Jun 082015

Camry 4-cyl

Toyota Camry 2007 the problem is the dashboard which is sticky and I don't like. Please it needs to be fixed. Thank you !

- Canoga Park , CA, USA

Jun 162015

Camry

Driving at normal speed my headlights would go out by themselves. To get them on again I would have to turn the switch on and off. I was stopped twic by state trooper and given a warning.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Jan 012010

Camry

Dashboard is melting causing significant glare and sticky residue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 012010

Camry 6-cyl

2007 Camry xle. The dashboard is sticky and appears to be melting. Small pieces of the dash have come off and there is glare on the windshield from the dash on a bright sunny day. I have owned this vehicle since it was new. It has always been garage kept and at work I always used a full windshield sun visor.

- Alvin, TX, USA

Jun 142014

Camry

Dashboard is deteriorating. It is extremely sticky and is also easily scratches. We are concerned about the safety of this vehicle we drive it only when absolutely needed. Florida heat during summer months makes the situation worse, dashboard becomes sticky and glare from the dashboard reflecting sun lights makes it very difficult and dangerous to drive.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Jan 012015

Camry

Dashboard melting and pitting.

- Edmond, OK, USA