Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Feb 232010

Fax fwd ltr fm (oh) owner of 2007 Toyota Camry concerned that the Toyota sudden acceleration recall is not properly compensating owners of Toyota vehicles.

- Geneva, OH, USA

Jan 262009

On January 26, 2009 I was pulling my 2007 Toyota Camry into a handicapped parking spot in a strip mall. My right foot was on the brake, and the car suddenly accelerated and continued going forward (there was no curb) until it crashed into a pizza restaurant. Fortunately, I wasn't injured, although my insurance company had to cover the damage to my vehicle and to the store; I had to pay my deductible and was given a ticket for careless driving, because no other explanation for the accident was evident at the time. I couldn't understand how the car could have accelerated with my foot off the gas pedal and on the brake. However, after reading about the recent furor regarding the gas pedal on 2007 Toyota, I brought my car to my dealership where I was advised that my gas pedal was manufactured in Japan and thus not subject to recall. They could not explain the accident.

- Monroe Twp, NJ, USA

Aug 182007

Cruse control problem. When going up an incline my car will acelarate at a rate of speed that is 3mph (est) over the mph that the cruse control was set at. The acelarations is very fast and causes the car to acelarate faster than the traffic flow which requires the brakes to be applied to turn off the cruse control. You have to be alert or you can run into the car in front of you plus the braking in traffic can cause problems. On a level road the cruse control work the way it should.

- Uxbridge, MA, USA

Jan 092010

The accelerator pedal on my vehicle has been getting difficult to press down on. It doesn't happen every day but at least once a month. When I have pushed down on the pedal with more strength then necessary, it has caused my vehicle to increase speed. Tw* thankfully, I haven't been in an accident but am very concerned for my safety, especially after hearing of many vehicle recalls!

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jul 092009

Safety issue, cheap quality windshield used by Toyota on 2007 Camry le. I filed a complain with Toyota for windshield crack which appeared on my 2007 Camry (still under warranty) with 17K miles. I took it to dealer and dealer service manager washed his hands saying this crack is due to some pebble/rock hitting the windshield and than he showed me tip of pin size mark which I really strange that how can that mark cause that crack, its clearly shows that either Toyota had advised dealers not to cover anything in warranty as customer will end up paying from his pocket rather Toyota fixing it. I even complained to Toyota but no use, they moved it back to dealer and dealer customer relation lady refused to do anything, earlier service manager had given me Toyota number to contact and see if they can do anything but looks like he knew that nothing would be done and I will just waste my time. Complain which I made to Toyota via customer relation department id: 0907111004 resolution sought: Change the windshield asap or take the car back, I would rather go to Honda. Seems like Toyota car are good for road which are either driveway kind or totally clean, not able to handle highways. This was my first and last Toyota, for sure I will covey the message to others too so that people thing again before buying Toyota. I trusted Toyota name and though there after sales and service would be good and parts used would be good quality but guess its not, shows reason of why people moving away.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Jul 012008

Camry 4-cyl

2007 Toyota Camry with air conditioning problem. Consumer states that there is a strong urine smell after the use of the air conditioner. Consumer doesn't feel that this problem would be covered under warranty. The consumer also stated there is a wind sound when drving on the highway. It sounded as if the windows were down.

- Independence, MO, USA