Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 3 of 15)

Jun 082011

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side sun visors would not remain secure in an upright position. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where only the driver's side sun visor was replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000. Updated 8/6/12 the consumer stated the passenger side needed to be replaced as well.

- Pleasant Hill, CA, USA

Jul 012012

Camry 4-cyl

My Toyota Camry 2007 has defected the visor won't stay up if flops down and is difficult to see to drive. It can't be moved to the side either, as it is broken at the top. This is a safety concern, a lot of Toyota owners has this same problem. Toyota should be has recall this defective part replacement.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 082012

Sun visor has broken and drops down to block drivers view. This has happened on both sides, though not simultaneously. Visor must be held in out of the way position until something such as tape can be fixed to hold it up. Given the suddenness of the incident, it could cause loss of view at a critical time.

- Bellaire, TX, USA

Jul 022012

Camry 4-cyl

Driver's sunvisor broke and hung down blocking my vision while driving. I think this is a safety issue that should be addressed.

- Lowell, IN, USA

Jun 192012

The driver's side sun visor falls down and will not stay up. This creates a visability problem when I am driving.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Jun 222012

The sun visor on the driver side will not stay up. This is a driving hazard as it blocks the view of the driver.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Jun 282012

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor fell off it's clip and obscured my visibility. Understand common problem wiith the Camry.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Dec 072011

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the driver's side visor fell down and blocked her field of vision. The contact stated that the driver's side visor was replaced two years ago because of the same failure. The manufacturer stated that there was no warranty for the visor. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 80,000. Updated 08/07/12

- Costa Mesa , CA, USA

Jun 222012

Camry 6-cyl

The driver's side sun visor broke. The arm that goes into the sun visor came out of the sun visor. It seems that it broke the plastic inside the visor that holds it in place. This caused the visor to keep falling and not stay in place. It created a hazard so I completely removed the visor. The tab on the bar that allows the visor to snap into place has become very stiff to where it is very difficult to rotate around. The stiffness of the arm seems to be what probably broke the plastic.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Jun 142012

While driving down the interstate this morning, my driver's side sun visor suddenly flopped down into my line of sight, causing me to almost have an accident. It will not stay up or pushed back out of the way- it falls to the lowest point, directly blocking my view of the top half of the windshield. I tried moving it to the side, but it blocks my vision here. I have not seen the dealer yet, but after searching online forms I see that this is a common problem in Toyota's that they are refusing to acknowledge or accept responsibility for. There are over 230 complaints about this problem on this database for just the 2007 Camry. From what I've seen, Toyota thinks it is no big deal to pay $100-$200 to replace a part that is shoddy built. However, this is a major safety hazard and the defective part should be recalled in all models immediately, regardless of warranty or mileage. It obviously is something they have known about for a long time but they continue to ignore the potential seriousness of this malfunction.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jun 122012

Camry 4-cyl

As I put the driver's sun visor up to leave a parking lot, something broke in the mechanism that holds the visor up and it flopped back down. It won't stay up and it won't stay against the windshield -- it just hangs down above the steering wheel, leaving you with about 4-5 inches of visibility out onto the road, even less if you're tall. I feel very lucky that this didn't happen as I was driving over a bump in the road at 40 miles an hour! it's a very unsafe feeling to drive stooped down to see through the opening or with one hand holding the visor up so you can see ahead to what is coming up in front of you. Since this will probably happen to most people after the 3-year warranty runs out and many people won't be able to afford the repair, it's a real safety issue. I think there needs to be a recall, as it appears many people are having this problem.

- Cerritos, CA, USA

Jun 112012

Camry 4-cyl

The driver's side sun visor is no longer functioning. It hangs down. I am reporting this because I have read many other reports reported within this website of the same issue. I do not understand why when there are so many affected vehicles, a recall is not done. I will probably just pay to get it fixed, not much choice, but this is a safety issue, and Toyota should be asked to make this repair for affected customers at no cost to the consumer.

- Cameron Park, CA, USA

Jun 012011

My sun visor won't stay up. It is a safety hazard and is difficult to see while driving and hanging down in my face. This is the second sun visor that I have had to replace, at my expense $130!! I am really upset that Toyota expects us to replace these, when it is obviously a manufacturer defect and is affecting this many people. I am a Toyota Camry die hard. Please do something. If something is not done, I will not ever buy another Toyota.

- Saginaw, TX, USA

Jan 022012

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor wont go up all the way or extend back. It hangs down part way, so if I happen to be in an accident, I'm afraid it will severly hurt my forehead. If I put it down straight, so it wont hurt me, then my field of vision is impaired. All in all, not very safe. I've read on line that 2007 and 2008 Camry's are having this problem and I'm not alone.

- Avilla, IN, USA

Mar 262012

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side visor is defective in my opinion which is preventing me to properly see the road. This part cannot rest on the roof but rather it droops down in a slanted angel. The rear doom light is falling apart exposing wirings in the passenger compartment.

- Rosemead, CA, USA

May 272012

Camry 4-cyl

Driver's side sun visor broke causing visor to drop down and block driver's vision. Solution: Bought new visor. Online cost $88.

- Hanover, MD, USA

Jun 142011

The driver's side visor broke. It flopped down and would not stay out of the way of the drivers' vision. It was dangerous to the operation of the vehicle. It had to be completely removed. The car was less than 4 years old and although it seems to be faulty workmanship the visor is not covered under warranty.

- Garland, TX, USA

Dec 012011

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the sun visor broke, blocking the visibility of the road. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who stated that the visor assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 88,000.

- Lorena , TX, USA

Apr 112012

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that driving at any speed, the driver side sun visor would fall and block the driver's view. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not available. The current and failure mileages were 30,000.

- La Mesea, CA, USA

Apr 242012

Camry 4-cyl

Driver's side sun visor is defective and will not stay up. Flops down in a hazardous position obstructing visibility. The car is a 2007 Camry SE.

- Grandview, MO, USA