CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.

Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.

2007 Toyota Camry windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

2007 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 2 of 15)

Jul 262013

Camry 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the sun visors failed to stay in the up position. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 26,000. Updated 09/17/13

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

May 242013

Camry

There is a issue with the sun visor. I was driving and the sun visor just dropped down in front of my face. I tried to push it back up but it would not stay. I few days later the same thing happen to the other sun visor.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 192013

Camry

Driver's side sunvisor will not stay up. Removed visor and the entire plastic is broken. Visor is very rarely used and according to internet blogs this is a very common, ridiculous issue for this vehicle.

- Randolph, NJ, USA

Apr 222013

Camry 6-cyl

The driver's side sun visor became loose and broken. It cannot be used because it flops down into the vision of the driver while driving. It had to be removed from the car.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Dec 032012

Camry

The driver's side sun visor will not stay up. It keeps flopping down and affects visibility.

- Paris, TX, USA

Mar 302013

Camry

When driving on the no 1 lane (by the carpool lane), an SUV crossed the double yellow lines and rear ended my left side at approximate 40mph. My passengers were shaken up while I was taken to the er. I did noticed that my airbags did not deploy. After the accident I did some searching and came to find out that airbags for this particular model do not deploy!!! not to mentioned that prior to this finding, I had taken my car back to the dealer for an accelerator issue. Also pending is the sun visor recall as well.

- Bakersfield , CA, USA

Dec 062012

Camry 4-cyl

The sun visor fell down on me as I was driving on the freeway. This is dangerous and a cause for concern. I contacted both the Toyota dealership and Toyota customer service, and was informed by both that even though there is an extended warranty for exactly this issue for 2007 Camry, it only applies to american-made cars. Since my car was made in Japan, it is not covered, even though the symptoms are exactly the same and I would fall under the same repair program. This is a dangerous issue and Toyota should fix it.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 012012

Camry 4-cyl

Both the sun visor on the driver's side and passenger side have broken. They flop down and won't stay up. The driver side visor hung right in the line of sight of the driver. I had to hold it up with my left hand while driving so that I could see, until I could drive home and remove it. Both visors have been removed, which causes another hazard of sun glare for the driver. Sunglasses alone do not block the sun well enough. I still become blinded by the sun and have to block the sun with my hand. Very hazardous. Dealerships are charging around $175 per visor. At the very minimum, Toyota needs to replace the visors at their cost of the visor with free labor.

- Fountain, CO, USA

Sep 172012

Camry 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor was kind of rough, past one year. It won't move or will get jammed. Last week it came apart with metal hook hanging. This is despite the fact that I keep my car like a baby. It's in immaculate condition (just like out of showroom condition) it was extremely freighting as it will keep falling off every few miles. I had to duct tape the whole thing, so as to drive back home. Pls. Urgently instruct Toyota to put this into recall before somebody looses his life driving 2007 Toyota Camry because of poor quality visor.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 312012

Camry

Cpsc# I1290186A. 2007 Toyota Camry. Consumer stated her sun visor has fallen down and will not lock back in place.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Aug 012012

Camry 4-cyl

The driver and passenger side sun visor just hang down, this is a safety issue. These sun visor are horrible is quality. I can't believe Toyota has not recalled this issue.

- Concord, CA, USA

Jan 022012

Camry

Driver's sun visor stopped working and became increasingly worse, and Toyota wanted an arm and a leg to replace it with another that won't last any longer. When I heard the price to replace a sun visor, I felt like it was a scam to raise revenue. Now, the droopy visor significantly impairs visibility, and Toyota supposedly has a recall, but my dealer is refusing to acknowledge that my vehicle is included. Had to call Toyota corporate customer care, who acknowledged that my vehicle is included, but they are deferring back to my dealer and who knows when they'll contact me. Meanwhile I have to hunch down to drive in order to see. Trying to limit driving as much as possible. I think this is the fourth recall this vehicle has had. I've never owned a car with so many problems. And the light in the trunk no longer works either.

- Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA

Aug 182012

Camry 6-cyl

Sun visor on driver side just dropped while driving, impeding my vision of traffic in front of me. After researching on various online forums I realized that this is a known defect, so I decided to report it.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Aug 092012

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the front driver's side sun-visor flipped downward. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 117,000. Updated 9/26/12 the consumer stated Toyota replaced the sun visor under an extended warranty. Updated 09/27/12

- Hamilton Square, NJ, USA

Jan 032012

Camry 4-cyl

First the driver side sun visor started dropping and won't stay up, then about 6 months later the passenger side did the same thing. Dealer says cost is over $200 to replace each one. This is unacceptable. I see in the Toyota forums this is a common occurrence. There should be a recall on replacing the visors. It is very unsafe. The visor blocks 33% of your vision. Especially frustrating at night.

- Lincoln, CA, USA

Jul 252012

Camry 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Camry SE. The contact stated that the driver's side sun visor would not remain in an upward secure position and distorted the contact's visibility of the roadway when driving at various speeds. The failure would also occur when the vehicle was stationary. The vehicle has been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 65,400...updated 09/07/12 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired by the dealer with no cost to the consumer. Updated 09/18/2012

- Redding, CA, USA

Jul 162012

Camry 4-cyl

I pulled the driver side visor down to block the sun and it broke and was just hanging there by some fabric. Had to quickly pull over into the ditch to prevent an accident. No happy that there hasn't been a recall on this since I see from all the blogs that this has been an issue for quite some time.

- Waconia, MN, USA

Jul 172012

Camry 4-cyl

Driver's side visor dangles by the left side arm, impeding visibility. Visor will not stay in normal, upright position nor is it able to be manipulated so it's not in my view.

- Mobile, AL, USA

May 252011

Camry 4-cyl

1.) my driver side sun visor came loose and I took it to get it repaired. They put the visor back, but, the lights never worked. Few months after it came loose and kept blocking my view, and I kept getting hitting on my head while getting in the car. This week it completely came off (fell) and now I am being burnt in the sun, since there's absolutely no protection. I want my visor to be replaced by Toyota, because my care was not that old when it first came loose. 2.) my car does not pickup speed if the ac or heating is on. I have asked the dealer to check and he says there is nothing wrong. Sometimes it feels like, I am pumping gas, but, the car is going nowhere. It stalls for few seconds and sometimes, it just feels as if I am losing control, as if the car is running on it's own, w/O me pumping gas, it picks up speed. Ps: I am never buying another Toyota.

- Iselin, NJ, USA

Apr 012011

Camry 4-cyl

The dashboard of my 2007 Toyota Camry SE has been melting and there is a shine reflection of the dashboard in the windshield creating a visibility problem. I bought this car brand new when it came out at maroon Toyota at weston, fl. When I started with the problem I took it to this dealership and the manager said my car was our of warranty and could do nothing. I also took it to headquarters Toyota in miami where I have been taking my car for maintenance and I got the same reply. I called Toyota usa and the agent said he can't do anything else either because the dashboard of the car has a warranty of only 3 years. This is a manufacturing defect of the car. I never heard of a melting dashboard and my car right now has less than 65K and this started when it was around 50K miles. Please, can you help? I am sure I cannot be the only one complaining. Thank you

- Miami Lakes, FL, USA