Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.

Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.

The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.

2009 Toyota Camry body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Camry:

2009 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

May 182012

Camry 4-cyl

Friday at 10 pm, me and my family were coming from visiting family.. I left around 10pm I started the car, drove like about half a mile, when I told my wife I smell something burning I opened the windows then I looked at my side door (driver) it was on fire, .. I pulled over to the side to get my family out, ....then I got a bottle of water that I had on the truck...and used to put out the fire on the driver side door...when I pulled over I hit one of the sign pole on the street..right fender was damage.. I had my two babies, , 3, and 1 year old....

- Torrance, CA, USA