- September 29: Toyota Recalls 690,000 Tacoma Trucks Over Rear Suspension Problems
- September 23: Complaints Grow About Toyota Unintended Acceleration Events at Slow Speeds
- September 18: Toyota Recalls Cars That Can Leak Gas and Catch Fire
- September 15: Toyota Highlander Liftgate Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit
- September 13: Toyota Recalls Vehicles With Incorrect Tire Pressure Labels
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 47,101 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace water pump (2 reports)
cooling system problem