- May 23: Toyota Recalls 1.5 Million Toyota, Lexus and Scion Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- May 7: Gulf States Toyota Recalls 4Runner For Label Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- April 20: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed After Toyota Yaris Crash news | 39 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Recalls 2016 Avalon and Camry For Airbag Failures recalls | 46 days ago
- April 6: Toyota Recalls Nearly 17,000 Vehicles in Two Recalls recalls | 53 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 46,381 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace water pump (2 reports)
- replace water pump & drive belt (2 reports)
cooling system problem