- April 27: Toyota Recalls 228,000 Tacoma Trucks to Fix Rear Differentials recalls | 2 days ago
- March 26: Toyota and Lexus Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Filed, Again news | 34 days ago
- March 25: Toyota Tire Savings Event Lawsuit Says Event Isn't a Good Deal news | 35 days ago
- February 16: Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Cars Recalled, All 2,840 of Them recalls | 72 days ago
2007 Toyota Corolla
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2007 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2007 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2007 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
Worst 2007 Corolla engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- squeaking noise from engine7
- computer stopped working2
- while braking, engine revs2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control84
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling42
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine22
- NHTSA: Engine20
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Corolla Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Corolla compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Corolla overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Corolla.