- May 22: Gulf States Toyota Recalls 4Runner, Camry and Other Models recalls | 3 days ago
- May 20: TRW Ball Joints Recalled on Toyota Trucks and SUVs recalls | 5 days ago
- May 18: Crash Tests: Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Chevy Volt and Toyota Prius Prime news | 7 days ago
- May 16: Blue-Colored Headlights Should Be Banned, Petitioner Says news | 9 days ago
- April 27: Toyota Recalls 228,000 Tacoma Trucks to Fix Rear Differentials recalls | 28 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
2007 Toyota Corolla (Page 4 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2007 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2007 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2007 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 41 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 22 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 32,800 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: