- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 52 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 54 days ago
- September 13: Acura NSX Recalls Issued For Gas Tanks and Brake Lights recalls | 68 days ago
Acura Recall JQ7: A/C Compressor Clutch Drive Bolts May Corrode
2015 Acura MDX
If a bolt was not coated, it may corrode and break as a result. If the bolt breaks, the compressor clutch plate may separate from the vehicle, possibly becoming a road hazard.
Equipment — Air Conditioner
- American Honda Motor Co. (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Acura MDX and MDX AWD vehicles manufactured April 23, 2013, to December 16, 2014. The affected vehicles have air conditioning compressor clutch drive bolts that may not have received the proper anti-corrosion coating.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the air conditioning compressor clutch drive bolt and install a new clutch plate if necessary, free of charge. The recall began on August 7, 2015. Owners may contact Acura client relations at 1-800-382-2238. Honda's number for this recall is JQ7.
- Documents (16)
- Miscellaneous Document - Statement by Acura Regarding Air Conditioner Clutch Drive Bolt Recall: 2014-2015 Acura MDX
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Acura
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Acura July 16, 2015 02111 Version 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - StopSale/SafetyRecall:2014-15 MDX A/C Compressor Clutch (Center)Bolt UPDATE
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Acura Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2014-15 MDX A/C Compressor Clutch Bolt
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - Acura
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.