- September 5: Audi Start-Stop Class Action Filed in Canada news | 12 days ago
- September 2: Volkswagen Recalls Vehicles For Seat Backrest Frames recalls | 15 days ago
- August 31: Chevrolet Corvette Front Trunk Lid Recall Issued recalls | 17 days ago
- August 25: Audi Start-Stop System Class Action Filed in Virginia news | 23 days ago
- August 20: NHTSA's Oversight of Vehicle Safety Standards Audited news | 28 days ago
Audi TSB #A011455 2036169-
2015 Audi A3
Affected Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:FUEL PUMP
- The MIL is on. DTC P0087 may be stored in the ECM. Drivability concerns such as hard starting/no starting are present. Outside temperature is sub-freezing. In tank, fuel pump may be making a straining noise. Diesel fuel requires additive blending or ?winterization? to be useable at low temperatures. At temperatures below 20° F (-7° C), No. 2 Diesel with insufficient winterization blending may lose its fluidity due to wax separation. This may clog the fuel filter or in-tank filter, preventing the engine from operating properly. No. 2 Diesel is blended by refineries to various levels of winterization (minimum useable temperature) based on month, geographical location, and the 10th percentile minimum ambient air temperature for the given region. Although rare, during sudden periods of extreme low temperatures (record lows), fuel stations may not be adequately prepared with No. 2 Diesel fuel with sufficient winterization to resist wax formation or ?gelling?.
Click a tab for more information.