- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- December 9: Audi A5 Sportback and A4 allroad Recalled recalls | 7 days ago
- December 7: Mercedes Recalls 104,600 Vehicles For Wacky Airbag Indicators recalls | 9 days ago
- December 5: Audi Q5 and Q7 Recalled Over Fuel Leaks recalls | 11 days ago
- November 14: Audi Q7 Squeaking Brakes Are Distracting, Says Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
Audi Recall 45G6: Crash Avoidance Parking Brake Use/FMVSS 108
2016 Audi Q3
A vehicle approaching from behind may not have any warning that the vehicle is stopping, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights
Forward Collision Avoidance — Crash Imminent Braking
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Audi Q3 vehicles. If the parking brake is used during emergency braking, the brake lights on the vehicle will not activate. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- Audi will notify owners, and dealers will update the vehicle software, free of charge. The recall began July 31, 2017. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 45G6.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 108
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: July 06, 2017 Subject: Advance Notice Compliance Recall 45G6 – Brake Lights Don’t Activate During Emergency Brake Application Certain 2016-2017 MY Audi Q3
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Audi Date July 11, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: July 10, 2017 Subject: Repair Available for Compliance Recall 45G6 – Brake Lights Don’t Activate During Emergency Brake Application
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - USA
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.