- November 20: Audi Recalls 1 Q3 For a Bolt Problem recalls | 7 days ago
- November 11: Tesla Touchscreen Warranty Adjustment Program Announced news | 16 days ago
- November 3: Audi Q7 SUVs Recalled For C-Pillar Padding recalls | 24 days ago
- October 4: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Continues For California Buyers news | 54 days ago
- September 5: Audi Start-Stop Class Action Filed in Canada news | 83 days ago
Audi TSB #A911588 2026390-
2011 Audi Q5
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:RADIO/TAPE DECK/CD ETC.
- When a phonebook with a large number of contacts is being downloaded, the MMI screen freezes Briefly after the initial Bluetooth connection (shortly after the phone is bonded to the vehicle), after the ignition is switched on (shortly after the phone automatically reconnects with the vehicle), and after the phonebook has downloaded. When the voice recognition system is used, a message appears in the MMI screen stating that the phone book is too large and that the voice recognition system cannot be used. When music is streamed to the MMI system with the Bluetooth A2DP connection, the music intermittently pauses or seems to skip. The condition goes away once the phonebook transfer is completed. The MMI uses a limited portion of the total memory to convert the name and phone number fields of downloaded contacts into a voice command (text to speech). Extensive processing takes place if too many letters are used in the first and last name fields or if numbers or special characters are entered. The remaining memory is dynamically assigned to different applications which can also affect the capacity of the voice command processing. The MMI does not respond until the process is completed or it may freeze if phonebook fields are too large or do not follow typical formatting. In addition, the text-to-speech capacity is exceeded and the voice recognition system is rendered inactive.
Click a tab for more information.