2014 Audi Q5 engine problems: died while driving/won't start

Died While Driving/Won't Start

2014 Audi Q5

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Audi dealer.

$4,500

2. replace engine (1 reports)
2014 Audi Q5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Audi Q5:

2014 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Jul 312018

Q5 Premium Plus 2.0t Quattro Tiptronic

Car suddenly stopped while driving. A lot of lights on the dashboard came on. there was smoke and a burning smell inside the car. Car had to be manually pushed to the side of the road. We had the car towed to Audi service.

After inspection, I was told the engine is damaged on the inside and has to be replaced, on my cost! The car is four and a half years old, had 35000 miles on it, has gone to the same Audi service every year for yearly service and also had been to the Audi service a few weeks before this happened - Unbelievable that they wanted me to pay for a new engine! In the end, I got assistance from Audi and was asked pay "only" $4,500 by Audi of Bellevue.

Have totally lost faith and trust in the Audi brand - if this was truly a rare occurrence and they were confident stood behind their vehicles, they would have taken care of it fully. But, they didn't and that makes me believe this happens enough that they can't afford to. Especially since the car getting into trouble just after the warranty expired and also just a few weeks after I got service from them has such a bad look. But they clearly didn't care enough about this.

- Shriram L., Redmond, US

May 192015

Q5

Audi Q5 2014 started shaking and was not accelerating while driving on local road. Once stopped, its not starting anymore

- Karam S., Vista, CA, US