- March 20: Audi Q7 Recall Involves Incorrect Certification Labels recalls | 8 days ago
- February 22: Volvo Car Battery Drain Lawsuit Blames RDAR news | 34 days ago
- February 7: Honda Fit and Honda HR-V Recalled Over Backup Camera Images recalls | 49 days ago
- February 2: Petition Alleges 9 Million Hybrid/Electric Vehicles Are Defective investigations | 54 days ago
- January 31: Volvo Group North America Recall Failures to Cost $130 Million news | 56 days ago
Stuck In Gear
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 45,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2004 TT problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
The car started with a faulty gas gauge and then other electrical indicating a bad instrument panel cluster, which a lawsuit was filed and settled regarding this part. I bought the car used and was unaware of the class-action suite and expiration was July 2010 and it was Dec 2010 and I had owned the car since Jan 2010. I had no idea of the issue with instrument cluster during the remaining warranty period. Now I must pay 1000 to fix that.
The day before my appointment for that issue, the car went crazy and was stuck in a gear after jerking while driving. The instrument panel was flashing, they tell me it went into LIMP mode due to transmission failure. So even though I have only 45K mileage my transmission needs replacing. 7500 repair. Not a great lifespan on that tranny. Ridiculous. They are offering no compensation so far for either.
- docb, Portland, OR, US