- March 21: Nissan Rogue AEB Malfunctions Should Be Investigated investigations | 0 days ago
- March 19: Audi Recalls A3 and RS 3 Cars To Replace Head Restraints recalls | 2 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 6 days ago
- March 6: Audi Recalls Vehicles That May Leak Fuel From The Fuel Rails recalls | 15 days ago
- March 5: Audi Q7 Brake Squeal Lawsuit Has No Valid Claims: Audi news | 16 days ago
Audi Recall 69S8/69Y5: Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2016 Audi TT
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could explode with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015 Passat, 2015-2016 Eos, 2015-2017 CC, 2016-2017 TT Roadster, TT Coupe, 2017 Audi R8 Coupe, and R8 Spyder vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternative inflator, free of charge. The recall began March 4, 2019. Volkswagen owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298; Audi owners may contact Audi at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69S8 (Audi) and 69Y5 (Volkswagen).
Click a tab for more information.