- August 6: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrids Recalled For Backup Cameras recalls | 17 days ago
- August 1: Audi Recalls A4, A5, S4 and S5 Vehicles For Airbag Failures recalls | 22 days ago
- July 11: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Alleges Systems Fail news | 43 days ago
- June 28: Audi Recalls 148,000 Q5 and SQ5 SUVs For Loose Trim recalls | 56 days ago
- June 28: Audi Recalls A3, RS3 and S3 For Airbag Failures recalls | 56 days ago
Audi Recall 69S8/69Y5: Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2017 Audi TT
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could explode with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015 Passat, 2015-2016 Eos, 2015-2017 CC, 2016-2017 TT Roadster, TT Coupe, 2017 Audi R8 Coupe, and R8 Spyder vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternative inflator, free of charge. The recall began March 4, 2019. Volkswagen owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298; Audi owners may contact Audi at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69S8 (Audi) and 69Y5 (Volkswagen).
Click a tab for more information.