ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2002 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 325:

2002 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Mar 202008

325

Information on seat belt system for a 2002 BMW 325I. Consumer states that she has encountered problems with the driver side seat belt and air bag. She states that the light came on and stayed on was repaired and problem recurred.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Sep 172004

325 6-cyl

Inadvertent deployment of my driver side airbags. I was driving on highway at approximately 50 mph (due to rain) and my airbags deployed. I was able to safely pull over to side of road. Tire was blown out and there was some damage to bottom of car from debris, but it is unclear if blowout and debris damage happened before or after airbag deployment. Either way, there was no impact with any object that should have caused this deployment. My car has not been driven for nearly 4 weeks now and it should have only needed a tire replacement. Any other damages could have been fixed in my own time, but car is not drivable B/C of airbag deployment and repair costs are very high.

- Warren, OH, USA