2006 BMW 325 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Feb 032021

325

Oil filter housing gasket leaked on to alternator causing the alternator to over heat and melt internal components which causing lack of power and multiple false check engine codes to come on and smoke clouded my view while driving so very common problem is the heater core leaking too

- Dacula, GA, USA

Jul 192020

325

I was traveling to a local store. My car suddenly jerked, radio turned off while lights on dash flickered on and off. I lost power temporarily and I began smelling wires. I also notice a 'pop' as I attempted to pull over and notice no brake operations so I had to coast to a stop with my 2 year old in the backseat. I started my flashers and turn off car to search for smell. It seems like dash but I didn't see any smoke. I get back in car and attempt to start it and nothing! I still have power so I was confused, I check trunk ultimately and remove battery cover and this is what I found! this is a safety issue and very dangerous. I got the car towed home and won't drive until it is repaired obviously. I am upset but even happier me and my kid made it home safely, something keeps telling me today was a blessing we made it.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Jun 192020

325 6-cyl

Have had the car less than two months and I have been experiencing non-safe situations. The car just one day suddenly doesn"T come out of park. It finally got out of park and when I try to drive and it reverses and make alot of noise and when I sometimes try to reverse. It drives. This is not safe. I"ve nearly gotten myself killed due to this faulty bad car. I tried to call for a trade or a refund and the company was rude to me. This car takes my girlfriend and I to work and this is the only care we have. It hasn't been a year and the car has so many issues down to car not reading gears, bad spark plugs, hole underneath, faulty airbags, windows not working, tire pressures unsafe and much more that no one would want to experience.

- Hampton, GA, USA

Apr 272020

325

Ac stop working and a burn wiring smell came out

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Feb 082020

325

2006 BMW 325I the biodegradable wiring has deteriorated causing the directional and headlamps to fail resulting in expensive repairs and jeopardizes the safety of the drivers of the vehicle while in use.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Nov 012019

325

When the ibs is plugged in it drains the battery fast, then it won't start unless I unplug the B+ blue plug, then plug the B+ cable back in after started so the valvetronic eccentric shaft motor has power, otherwise it goes into limp mode without it plugged in, I thought there was a recall on this but it starts on the 2007 E90 I guess mine is a 2006.

- Andover, MN, USA

May 242019

325

I have a recall on the heater devices, not quit sure what that is but it can cause my engine to overheat and catch fire. I've already replaced the coolant system because of over heating I'm very scared of driving the car. I would like to get it fixed a soon as possible, its nice car and I've put a lot of money in it already, trying to keep it on the road, its my work transportation.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Feb 072019

325

While driving the vehicle the glove box department caught on fire.

- Portage, IN, USA

Feb 092019

325

I was receiving a imagine on the on board computer saying that my headlights were not working. Upon inspection inside the headlight's casing, I saw that all of the wiring's protection had completely fell off (probably due to the humid southern climate of North Texas) leaving almost all of the wiring on both sides of my headlights (driver and passenger side) completely exposed. The copper wiring inside is almost all exposed. Obviously this is causing the headlights to short and leaving me with no visibility while driving at night. This is a model without angel eyes, so my drl do not work what so ever. These headlights are completely stock, so this is a factory fault. Very unhappy with this. Thanks BMW for the "fantastic" engineering! should be covered under a recall.

- Sanger, TX, USA

Dec 222018

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (electrical system). After driving the vehicle for two miles to run an errand, the contact returned to the vehicle and smelled burning plastic. The contact opened the hood and saw flames on the left side of the engine block by the firewall. The fire department extinguished the fire. The fire department recorded the event and took pictures of the damage. A police report was not filed. The contact's hand was slightly injured, but medical attention was not received. BMW of louisville (4 autocenter dr, louisville, ky 40299, (502) 287-1501) towed the vehicle and diagnosed that the fire was caused by an oil leak and power steering fluid. The dealer stated that the contact was responsible for the repairs. The manufacturer had an investigator inspect the vehicle who confirmed what the dealer stated. It took the dealer and manufacturer five weeks to come up with their findings. The failure mileage was 140,262.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Dec 032018

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that an unknown warning indicator illuminated, the vehicle hesitated while driving, and there was an abnormal noise when the engine was started. The contact reached out to union park BMW (1900 Pennsylvania ave, wilmington, de 19806, (302) 658-7245) several times pertaining to the failures. A technician was sent to the contact's residence and informed the contact of NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (electrical system). The contact was uncertain if there was an internal electrical failure, which could cause the vehicle to potentially stall and/or catch on fire. The technician indicated that the micro-filter needed to be changed, but the part was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was not available.

- Bear, DE, USA

Sep 012018

325

When I push the brake for a complete stop, it will stop but miliseconds after that I will get jumpy. It is a safety concern for someone that is not used to the vehicle, it feels like the car is about to hit another vehicle in front of it. It happens when there is a traffic light or when I am going to park my vehicle.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jul 122014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (electrical system), which indicated that parts were not available. The contact detected an odor of burning wires inside the vehicle periodically. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The dealer and the manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was unknown. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Nov 232017

325

I have replaced the clutch, transmission, fuel pump, spark plugs, battery, and alternator and my car still won't run. Its been parked for a year now with the exception of 15 days.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

Oct 012017

325

Recall 17V-676: Blower motor wiring burning hot air from the vent is in with or without fan on (motion or parking). It is overdue and no response from BMW of America, llc as I kept on calling the office many times since 12/16/2017 letter received. 1/19/2018 6/5/2018 8/20/2018 10/12/2018 to NHTSA 11/5/2018

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Jul 232018

325

Electronic steering wheel lock. This is in the steering column when it fails the car will not start. It seems to be a pretty common problem. I was hoping there was a recall for this issue, but can not find one.

- Spencer, NY, USA

Oct 252017

325

NHTSA recall number 17V676 BMW still has not issued a response or a fix to this recall, which was sent out in October 2017. Blower motor wiring: This recall involves the wiring for the system, known as the blower-motor, that controls air flow for the heating and air conditioning system. Over time, the connection between the wiring and this system could deteriorate and, in rare cases, could lead to overheating.

- Waterford, WI, USA

Jun 042018

325

Actuators in all doors failed. Only driver's side door is accessible, but solely from outside and with the manual lock. Cannot access the fuse box to deal with other electrical problems, as it is located in the glove box on the passenger's side. If you lock the car while in it, you have to roll down the driver's side window, and use the key inside the fob to unlock the door from outside in order to get out. They failed while the car was stationary.

- Waterford, WI, USA

Oct 252017

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (electrical system); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The vehicle was taken to I.G. burton imports (509 bay rd, milford, de 19963, (800) 796-9702) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue, but no further action was taken. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Jul 062018

325

The contact owned a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that after the vehicle had been parked for approximately five hours, it caught on fire. The fire department was able to extinguish the fire and a fire report was filed. There were no injuries sustained. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 17V676000 (electrical system). The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The dealer (BMW of mt. Laurel, 1220 NJ-73, mt laurel, NJ 08054, (856) 840-1400) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 158,000.

- Westampton, NJ, USA