ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

1.9

2006 BMW 325 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Nov 152018

325

Fuel leak coming from the fuel filter / fuel pressure regulator, located inside the fuel tank. The plastic cover where the presurred fuel line is connected cracks causing the fuel to leak. I noticed the issue due to a strong fuel smell comming from the left rear of the vehicle. I followed the smell and it took me to the fuel tank access under the rear seat on the left (driver) side. That is where I noticed fuel accumulation outside the tank. Then I proceed to start the engine and clearly noticed the fuel leaking from an small crack on the filter (not the fuel line). I started a research on the subject and I found several complains about this issue including videos on youtube on many BMW models. Also found there is an active safety recall for some VW models with the same situation. The parts from both vehicle brands are pretty similar and the parts are from the same supplier (vdo). I just need you take a look at this as a safety concern before vehicles start catching fire. Thanks for your attention on this matter. Sorry for not having pictures, just google it and you will see it.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

Jul 152017

325

The valve cover gasket keeps leaking oil. I have fixed this twice in the last 30K miles. Now it is leaking again. Valve cover gasket should not go bad every 10K to 15K miles. If neglected it will cause engine fire due to oil.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

May 062017

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While driving various speeds, the contact smelled a fuel odor inside the vehicle. While the vehicle was parked, the contact noticed a puddle of fuel under the vehicle. When he drove off from his garage, there was a trail of fuel following the vehicle. The contact also noticed, under the rear driver's side of the vehicle, a strong odor of fuel. The fuel sending unit was covered with fuel and the lacking ring that secured the fuel sending unit was corroded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Oct 012016

325

Leaking fuel by the fuel tank.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 132015

325

My wife was driving down a main street at rush hour. The car just stopped running and would not restart. To leave the vehicle my wife had to take her life in her hands to get across the busy street. It was fortunate that this did not happen on a busy freeway or she or someone else may have been seriously injured.

- Akron, OH, USA