- September 22: BMW Recalls 740Li, 740 Li xDrive, 750Li xDrive, M760Li xDrive and Alpina B7 recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X3 sDrive40i, X3 xDrive40i and X3M40i recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive40i, X5 xDrive40i, X5 xDrive50i and X6M recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive 40i, X5 xDrive 40i and X7 xDrive 40i recalls | 1 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X6 sDrive40i, xDrive40i, X6 M50i and X6M recalls | 1 days ago
BMW TSB #180512
2011 BMW 335
Affected Component: FUEL SYSTEM, DIESEL
- "Voluntary Emissions Recall Campaign 11E-A03: Check and/or Replace Emissions Monitoring Components. 1. Under certain driving conditions, the High-pressure (HP) EGR valve may become restricted with excessive soot. This restriction impedes the emissions performance of the HP EGR valve. This situation may lead to a Service Engine Soon lamp. An optimized EGR valve has been developed to limit this soot buildup. 2. The Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) mixer has also been improved to optimize the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) mixture when introduced into the exhaust system. Note: These Improved parts may have already been replaced during a previous service visit. It will be necessary to inspect these components first before replacement. 3. Reprogramming of the DDE is required to optimize these improved emissions monitoring components. AFFECTED VEHICLES This Emissions Recall Campaign involves X5d (E70) and 335d (E90) models that were produced from April 2009 to March 2011. In order to determine whether a specific vehicle has had this Emissions Recall Campaign completed or is affected by this Emissions Recall Campaign, first check if the ""Emissions Recall Campaign Completed"" label SD 92-435. This label is attached to the right (passenger) rear side of the hood in the engine compartment, close to the windshield. If the label is found, the campaign has already been performed. If the ""Emissions Recall Campaign Completed"" label is not present, it will be necessary to utilize the ""Service Menu"" of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System) or the Key Reader. Based on the response of the system, either proceed with the corrective action or take no further action."
Click a tab for more information.