- December 16: BMW Sued For $5 Million Over Cup Holders news | 29 days ago
- December 15: BMW AC Mold and Vinegar Smells Cause Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- November 30: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued After Engine Fires recalls | 45 days ago
- November 3: BMW Recalls X4 Vehicles For License Plate Problems recalls | 72 days ago
- October 26: Cars With Good Headlight Ratings Mean Less Car Crashes news | 80 days ago
BMW Preliminary Evaluation PE07045: BMW AIRBAG LIGHT ILLUMINATION
2005 BMW 525
BMW AIRBAG LIGHT ILLUMINATION
Air Bags:Frontal:Sensor/Control Module-Inactive
- In certain MY 2005 through MY 2006 BMW vehicles, the occupant classification system (OCS) for the passenger frontal airbag may malfunction and render the passenger airbag inoperative.in June 2006, BMW issued a technical service bulletin (si B 72 02 06) regarding the illumination of the airbag warning light and the passenger airbag status lamp.illumination of these lights warn that an open electrical circuit may be present within the passenger seat mat sensor.when both of the lights are illuminated, the passenger frontal air bag will not deploy in a frontal crash.certain BMW vehicles in addition to the subject vehicles contain the same seat mat sensor.these are the MY 2004 5-series, 7-series and X3, the MY 2004 through 2006Z-4 series and MY 2006 3-series, 6-series and X5 vehicles.an improved seat mat sensor was introduced in December 2005 for the mid-MY 2006 production.in response to ODI's information request letter, BMW provided 1,172 owner reports and 28,238 warranty claims.initial review of the data indicate that 280 non-duplicating owner reports and 13,051 non-duplicating warranty claims may be related the subject defect issue on the subject vehiclesthis preliminary evaluation is being upgraded to an engineering analysis (EA08-001).
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.