- March 22: BMW Recall Issued For Window and Sunroof Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- March 10: BMW i3 REx Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 21 days ago
- February 27: BMW Recalls iX and X1 Vehicles For Airbag Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- February 2: Petition Alleges 9 Million Hybrid/Electric Vehicles Are Defective investigations | 57 days ago
- January 31: BMW Recalls i4 eDrive40 and iX xDrive50 Over Sound Warnings recalls | 59 days ago
Head Bolts Brocken
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 96,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace head bolts (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2006 525 problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
After following BMW's maintenance schedule from the very first mile this car was driven, at 97,000 miles I noticed an oil leak and upon taking it to an independent repair shop it was determined that I had 3 sheared head bolts. I contacted 6 different BMW dealerships and they informed me this was a very common problem and that they saw it 3 to 4 times a week. I contacted BMW USA and I was told that the car was out of warranty and that BMW was not responsible for the repairs even though it was a design flaw in the engine. After telling the mechanic to proceed with the repairs he discovered that several of the lifters were worn excessively and needed to be replaced.
After paying this much money for the "ultimate driving machine" and taking proper care of the car and having discovered that this is a common problem with this car, BMW should be held accountable for the repairs. BMW may be a nice car to drive but the customer service displayed by BMW USA is very poor. I will not buy another BMW!
- Herb P., Kingsport, TN, US