- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 6 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 13 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 25 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Front Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Mat Defect
2006 BMW 550
Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- BMW of North America, Inc. (BMW) is recalling certain 2006 325i, 325xi, 330i, 330xi, 525i, 525xi, 530i, 530xi, and 550i vehicles equipped with the Sport Seat option and certain 2006 525i, 525xi, 530i, 530xi, 550i vehicles with standard seats. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if, and how, the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will repair the occupant detection mat to eliminate the possibility that it may crack, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began September 1, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (8)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - October 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-XXX: Front Passenger Air Bag Seat Occupancy Sensor Mat Date: Thursday, July 06, 2017 4:31:34 PM
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.