- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 0 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 2 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 17 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 29 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 36 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Parking Brake Cable
2001 BMW M3
If this were to happen, the cable mounting bracket would no longer be fixed to the backing plate and the parking brake could no longer be applied on that side of the vehicle. It is also possible that a screw could lodge within the parking brake drum, impairing the free movement of the drum. This would produce noise, and could cause the parking brake on that side to lock up while driving.
Parking Brake — Conventional — Mechanical — Linkage And Cable
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The two screws that secure the parking brake cable mounting bracket to the backing plate were not tightened properly. As a result, the screws could loosen and eventually fall into the parking brake drum.
- Dealers will replace the parking brake cable attaching screws and secure them with the proper torque. Owner notification began October 4, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.