- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 4 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 26 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Parking Brake Cable
2001 BMW M3
If this were to happen, the cable mounting bracket would no longer be fixed to the backing plate and the parking brake could no longer be applied on that side of the vehicle. It is also possible that a screw could lodge within the parking brake drum, impairing the free movement of the drum. This would produce noise, and could cause the parking brake on that side to lock up while driving.
Parking Brake — Conventional — Mechanical — Linkage And Cable
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The two screws that secure the parking brake cable mounting bracket to the backing plate were not tightened properly. As a result, the screws could loosen and eventually fall into the parking brake drum.
- Dealers will replace the parking brake cable attaching screws and secure them with the proper torque. Owner notification began October 4, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.