- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 0 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 17 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 43 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 50 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 50 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Parking Brake Cable
2001 BMW M3
If this were to happen, the cable mounting bracket would no longer be fixed to the backing plate and the parking brake could no longer be applied on that side of the vehicle. It is also possible that a screw could lodge within the parking brake drum, impairing the free movement of the drum. This would produce noise, and could cause the parking brake on that side to lock up while driving.
Parking Brake — Conventional — Mechanical — Linkage And Cable
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The two screws that secure the parking brake cable mounting bracket to the backing plate were not tightened properly. As a result, the screws could loosen and eventually fall into the parking brake drum.
- Dealers will replace the parking brake cable attaching screws and secure them with the proper torque. Owner notification began October 4, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.