- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 19 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 34 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 36 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 40 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 57 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Parking Brake Cable
2001 BMW M3
If this were to happen, the cable mounting bracket would no longer be fixed to the backing plate and the parking brake could no longer be applied on that side of the vehicle. It is also possible that a screw could lodge within the parking brake drum, impairing the free movement of the drum. This would produce noise, and could cause the parking brake on that side to lock up while driving.
Parking Brake — Conventional — Mechanical — Linkage And Cable
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The two screws that secure the parking brake cable mounting bracket to the backing plate were not tightened properly. As a result, the screws could loosen and eventually fall into the parking brake drum.
- Dealers will replace the parking brake cable attaching screws and secure them with the proper torque. Owner notification began October 4, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.